The wait is over for those seeking a free coronavirus test. Several clinics are popping up around Horry County to offer large-scale community testing. Without any pre-screening required, participants need only drive up in their car and remain there throughout the process. This ensures the safety of health care workers and those seeking testing. Tests are administered by the use of a 6-inch nasal cotton swab.
With a plethora of locales, free coronavirus testing is closer than it seems. The folks at Tidelands Health compiled a list of each drive-thru testing stations and their confirmed dates and locations.
- Saturday, May 30, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Myrtle Beach Pelicans Stadium, 1251 21st Avenue North, Myrtle Beach
- Thursday, June 4, 1-4 p.m., Tidelands Health Family Medicine at Holmestown Road, 4320 Holmestown Road, Myrtle Beach
- Friday, June 5, 2-6 p.m., Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital, 606 Black River Road, Georgetown
- Thursday, June 11, 1-4 p.m., Tidelands Health Family Medicine at Holmestown Road, 4320 Holmestown Road, Myrtle Beach
- Wednesday, June 17, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Belin United Methodist Church, 4182 Highway 17 Business, Murrells Inlet
- Wednesday, June 24, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tidelands Health Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health, 100 Water Grande Blvd., Little River
- Thursday, June 25, 1-4 p.m., Tidelands Health Family Medicine at Holmestown Road, Myrtle Beach
- Friday, June 26, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Coastal Carolina University, 100 Chanticleer Drive, Conway